(Why it should be your product)
A minute to read the rules, and youre writing poetry. When your mind focuses on a word with the intent to use it in a line, it is stimulated into action. This technique overcomes the worst writers-block. It also helps that the words on the game cards are evocative and metaphorically rich. Published poetry has been produced using this game . It is a lot of fun, but to get to the point; it can make money for you. Let me explain:
1. Who will buy it: Families, word-game
players, schools, and of course, poets. Most people have written
a poem sometime, and we have found that most enjoy writing poems
with this game, even if they never read poetry.
2. Shelf Appeal: The name catches the eye and the concept is easy for the consumer to understand.
3. Retail Price: $15.99: Word games, the closest comparables, sell between $13.00 and $25.00.
4. Wholesale Price: $8.00.
5. Production Cost: $2.00 to $3.00.
6. Gross Profit Margin: $5.00 to $6.00.
7. Tooling costs: Low (simple components, standard size playing cards).
8. Source of sales: Deal-A-Poem is unique, so it will create new sales rather than compete with your existing products.
9. Marketing possibilities: This is new, and will be talked about, meaning word-of-mouth sales. The concept is a bit controversial ("Dealing poetry from a deck of cards!?!") which means potential free publicity. Deal-A-Poem can be sold alongside games. It can also be placed in bookstores next to poetry books and "how to write" books. Schools are a natural market. Interest can be generated by customer submissions of their poems to the Deal-A-Poem website (to win prizes?). Deal-A-Poem can be marketed to readers of poetry and writing magazines.
10. Additional sales: New decks of cards
(new words) can be sold online or from an order form in the original
game. A version for children can be created also.
You can see that Deal-A-Poem is going to make money for some company. Why not yours?. Thank you for your consideration.
(This is a sales letter that was never sent out. If you are interested in purchasing the rights to the game and this web site, please contact Steve Gillman at steve @ webhikerllc .com).